Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Welcome Spring

I finally opened up my boxes of Easter/Spring decorations this year.  I know it isn't technically Spring yet, but with Easter coming so early this year I thought I had better go ahead and get started!! (I prefer Easter being in mid to late April, personally!)  Anyway...I didn't quite decorate as much as I did last year.  It has just been so cool and rainy and it is too early to plant any flowers...so I do not have a full blown case of Spring Fever just yet.  But I did know that I was tired of looking at my snowflakes and pine cones! :)  

I do love Spring.  I am very excited for the warmer weather and the Spring blooms....not to mention Spring thunderstorms!  The Bradford Pears should be blooming in about a week or so.  The Bradford Pear blooms remind me of my momma. Forsythia blooms remind me of my Grandma.  (She had the prettiest forsythia bush in her backyard when I was growing up.  I remember she and my parents always making such a big deal about it every Spring and I didn't quite understand why.  Now I do.  It is beautiful!)  My sweet husband bought me 2 forsythia bushes last year and planted them in the front yard.  Then we had the hottest summer EVER with temps up to 113 for many days!!!  They didn't make it :(  So...I had to go to Hobby Lobby for my forsythia this year!  

Here are some of my decorations this year...





I love this!  It is Currier and Ives and it says "Spring" on the bottom.  I just love the little house!!  

My Spring Mantel



My sweet Susanna decorated this chalkboard for me!  (Her sister wrote Happy Spring).


This shelf displays the Spring Glitter houses we made!!  They are so cheerful! 


My jelly bean chick feeder!  My kids LOVE this :)


My Easter egg wreath on the front door.  


I added burlap to everything this year...including my favorite rocking chair!  


The front porch.  Its' cheerful and had my favorite little momma chicken with her baby chicks.  And a bucket of eggs! 


It's hard to see but the bucket is full of eggs.  

Welcome Spring!!  Bring on the sunny days and the warmer temperatures!

"This is the day the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
-PSALMS 118:24

Linking to:








No comments: